12.21.2010

big boys don't cry, little ones do

You are my little scaredy cat. I attempted to use my mixer today to make some yummy treats. You cried every time it turned on. Smiled when it went off. It makes baking difficult.

You are also scared of…


My blow-dryer

Vacuuming

When I leave

High pitch voices

The garage door opening

Coughing too loud (whether its you or me)

The dark

sneezes

The movie Avatar

When dad calls your name from downstairs

New people

Sewing Machines

The wind

Turning on the faucet

Your Johnny Jumper



Oddly enough you are not scared of….


Edge of the bed

Falling

Being thrown in the air

The stairs

Sharp objects

Chewing on wires



I can only laugh, i am fairly positive that your fears of everything come from me! You wanna know what i was scared of when i was little?




Yup. I was terrified that these freaky little trolls lived under my bed. I even made your auntie stef take the bottom bunk so that they could get her and not me. These days my fears are limited to the dark. Don't laugh, i get enough of that from your dad!

Love you baby boy,

momma

1 comment:

Christine said...

Ha! I didn't think anyone on the Roberts side had any fears except me! Love it. And I'm glad I'm not the only big sister willing to put her little sister in the "danger zone" to protect myself ;)

Loved that loud coughing one too. My babies were always confused by other babies crying. They would hear it and scrunch up their face and look at me like, "Is that me? Is something wrong?" And then usually they would start crying just to make sure.