6.08.2011

flirting


Sometimes i feel like you will be this way forever, spending the rest of eternity as an over-sized sack of flour that longs for me to hold him on my hip at the absolute most difficult times, that uses me for my hugs and kisses, that loves me most when I am about to leave. Can’t you imagine playing basketball and cars until we can’t take it any more, like actually forever?! Wouldn't that be awesome? but other times it is like I can see you growing away from me in fast-forward, and i am clamoring for the pause button.

It is all so clichéd isn't it? Is there nothing new in this world?

I’m just one of many, nothing special, experiencing what millions have experienced before me. But you are mine, and I am going to love you all the way, and relish in every single overused new mom stereotype. And watching you today made me smile. It also made me realize that you don’t always need my love and attention like you used to.

Having the teensy budget that we have, momma decided the perfect night out would be a small outdoor summer concert.

I packed all of the essentials; blankets, toy cars, and more snacks than any three humans should ever consume in one setting. I thought these things would make you happy, make you want to snuggle with me. I love when we snuggle.


I was wrong


Apparently blankets are not as enticing outside the comforts of our home. You preferred the freedom. You spent a good amount of time walking too close to electrical objects and a man putting on a concert that wanted nothing to do with you. When you got sick of us grabbing you to snuggle in our blankets, you ran off to sit on some girl’s lap. When you were done sitting on her lap, you walked over to a girl that had cookies. Once you took a cookie for yourself, you leaned back to back with some stranger to eat that cookie.

You didn’t need momma. You were flirting. And who needs their mom around when they are getting their flirt on?




So I sent dad.

He walked you up and down the aisle. Taught you his tricks of the trade I suppose. I say this, because he came back to me saying, “If I were single, I could have gotten any girl I wanted with him as my wing man, he is a ladies magnet!”


Terrifying!

1 comment:

Joni said...

ha ha, that is why I taught my little man to cry when he is with anyone else but me....oh wait - I didn't teach him that. He just came that way.

So cute Gage.