8.04.2011

best buds






The other night we went to a wedding and all of our friends were shocked with how big you are. They noticed your teeth first, and how much hair you have. They were amazed that you were running. You were being your cute self as usual and flirting it up with some older ladies, 3yr olds. One of my good friends even asked, "I know you see him everyday, but when did he get so big?" I tried to explain it happened over night, but unless you have been there its hard to understand. Sure, I see you everyday, but every once in awhile when I get you out of bed in the morning I can tell you grew in your sleep.

When you were first born you had lots of visitors. Everyone was anxious to meet you. Emmy rushed as fast as she could to hold you. She brought your cousins along too. I remember her telling me that holding you, so teeny and so new, made Gavin seem so big. These days, Gavin no longer seems as big as he did the day you were born. Just a month ago, at the city fair, Gavin shared his tickets so you could go on a ride with him. Your dad was terrified that you would stand up and fall out, since we all know you have a tendency to do stuff like that. But instead, you sat like a big boy the whole ride and smiled for pictures like you had done this a million times. Gavin, even wrapped his arm around you to ensure your safety.

I remember worrying that you and Gav were so far apart in age, how could you ever be friends? Even though you can't communicate with each other, and sometimes you play with his toys, and he still thinks your kinda gross, I love that you have finally gotten to a point that you two can be buds. I love that he takes care of you. You see, you are getting big, but not quite big enough to do everything on your own. I am glad you have Gav to show you how. I hope you two are always best buds.

No comments: