9.08.2011

dear gage ~ love daddy

Hey buddy,

You are probably wondering why I'm writing you. I know, I know, Dad never writes! Well, at least not as much as your mom. You will learn with time, if you haven't already, that your Dad is not so good with words, and even worse when it comes to writing them. Just ask your Mom, she thinks I could use some improving when it comes to expressing my feelings. I wouldn't recommend asking her how awesome I am on the phone, you may get a mouthful.

So, in case I haven't said it enough, I just wanted you to know buddy, that you are everything I dreamed my son would be. I cant stop thinking about you. How you come running when I get home, and stomp your feet and scream. How you bring me the Lucky Charms since you know I will give you all you can eat. I love when people tell me you are just like me, wild.  I catch myself telling everyone about you. I guess you could say its because I am one proud daddy. I love that you're my boy! In case I continue to be bad at expressing my feelings, I just want you to know how much I love you buddy, and I will never stop loving you. I'm excited for the days ahead of us, for the adventures we will do together, and the memories we will share. You are my best buddy.

Love, Daddy

1 comment:

J Dub and Lady D said...

Aunt Dana here..... Pretty sure I just got a little teary-eyed when I read this. Jon--Perhaps you are better with your words than the level of credit you allot yourself, as evidenced by this sincere post. :)