10.29.2010

dear gage ~ love momma


Dear gage,


My stubborn lil man. You know exactly what you want, and today you wanted nothing but momma! We were in the company of some friends today, and it hit me, you are not my portable lil baby that sleeps everywhere and always. You are becoming my lil man. An opinioned, attentive, and vibrant lil man. Every time I would set you down, you cried and cried until I was holding you tight in my arms again. Every time I pulled you away from my body to readjust, you would reach and reach until you could touch my face again. You love my face. You stroke it softly and coo.


Its official. I have a mommas boy!




Its flattering to know you love me so much, a pain when mommas arms are tired, but flattering none the less. You have this pulsating personality, and you love being loved. Your favorite time is those random mornings that daddy and I are both home. You wake up especially early so we will bring you in our beds to cuddle and play. Its almost as if you know we are upstairs and you are worried you are missing out. Momma sets you between us and you roll from side to side and caress each of our faces. Its perfect. Very early, but perfect.






You have become very active lil man. You have learned to do so many cool things that scare momma half to death. It makes you laugh to see me worried, and that worries me even more. I catch you rolling near the stairs, or to the edge of the bed regularly. You have even managed to not only get on all fours, but you get that cute lil bum straight in the air, ultimately resulting in your cute little fact digging into the carpet. Did you know that you also learned to sing recently? If anyone is rocking out in the car, or humming a tune in the kitchen, you feel this need to pipe in. You like being the center of attention. You and your daddy both!





My big boy, you are growing like a weed. Did you know that you are now up to your cousin james’ size? You see James is a month older than you. For the first 2 month of life you were the exact same weight and height as he was when he was your age. Always a month behind him. Then your poor little heart had a hard time keeping up. The following two months James grew and grew, and you stayed the same weight. Appointment after appointment I got more and more worried, you looked skinnier and skinner. But with that new titanium heart, you managed to put on a whole 3 pound in this month alone! You have not only caught up to where james was a month ago, but you caught up to where he is now, a month older than you! I have this odd feeling that you will be a competitive little bugger. I should probably apologize to your auntie joni in advance!






I love you more and more everyday, with every cry hug, laugh, and squeal. I like to think that when you were in heaven you chose me. Thank you!


Love, Momma.

2 comments:

Joni said...

So sweet. He is getting lots bigger. Don't worry we think we have a small guy so we won't compete when it comes to size cause Gage will probably always win....we'll find something else ;). I love the pictures. They are so cute. I love that he loves to touch your faces. Awe it is so sweet. Wish we were around to see all the growing he is doing. Love you!

Mrs. JM said...

oh! they turned out perfectly. my favorite baby!