2.22.2011

Baby Babbles


(Trust me, I was as excited as you!)

Momma, being the stereotypical first time mother that she was, read lots of books before her little baby Gage came around. I learned how to get you to sleep good. I learned sign language. Did you know that at 24 weeks you were the size of a mango?

Lots of book, lots of theories, and most of them encouraged babbling with babies. You know, the coos, and goos. Even the occasional dada, baba. These sounds were supposed to make you smart. They were easy to say, and great practice for your developmental growth.

Well those are great sounds n’ all, but momma was determined to get you to say something else first. We practiced a far harder letter. We went straight for M. Hours and hours of “mama”. I thought that after months of saying my own name, it would have to be your first word. It was supposed to be inevitable.

Today it paid off.

That’s right. I caught you saying this verbatim, “ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma.” I loved every second of it. Whether you know what you are saying or not, is not what matters. Rather, the fact that you can make those noises, which could possibly lead to you actually saying Mama is what care about. Sorry Nana, I know you were hoping it would be you first, but I guess I beat you to the punch!


Love, momma

No comments: