2.08.2011

Curiosity getting the better of you

Do you know what the first thing I noticed about you when you were a baby? Those curly toes of yours. Those perfectly small, wiggly toes. They were so small. So fragile. Soft. I loved kissing them. Toes, of all thing, were the first thing I noticed. They alone made me fall in love with you. And then I discovered your teeny tiny hands. I fell in love all over again. Your precious hands that you insisted keeping near your face. Those perfect hands that loved to touch my face. You were prefect, everything about you was perfect.


And then you learned to use those precious little phalanges ….


You extend your reach by putting all of your force onto those tiny toes. You tip-toe around my coffee table just so you can get a centimeter closer to a not so edible object. You spread those fingers with every hope to grab something that comes along your way. You delicately pick up sharp objects that momma didn’t even know she had in her house.


Your curiosity has gotten the best of you, and your phalanges have only added to the problem….



That’s right. You have learned to use those precious little fingers and toes that I love so much, to get into some pretty nasty situations.


love, momma

1 comment:

Joni said...

Those photos tell a perfect little potty story. I love it. Actually it totally grosses me out.