2.18.2011

dear gage


Oh Gage, you are just the cutest little man ever. Your mom tries to tell me differently, but I'm convinced that I'm the only person who instantly makes you smile. Just the sight of me lights you up. More or less. I made a bracelet for you when you were a wee little one and you are just getting too chunky now. That one hasn't fit for quite a while, so now you get a new one in "boy colors" just like mom requested. Dark blue, light blue, and off-white. What's more boyish than that, right? I haven't gotten to see you in a while. Hopefully I'll get to see you all day long on Saturday. Hopefully you will start to recognize me again and I'll be back in the circle of your favorite people ever. You know what makes you laugh a lot? When I growl at you. Never fail. I growl and you giggle. I wouldn't quite call it a growl though. I normally call it my demon voice. I say "Gage" in a really throaty growling voice and you love it. Your mom says you growl a lot. I wonder if I had the tiniest little influence on that? I hope so.


When you get old enough I'm going to teach you to play mancala. That's my favorite board game and you'll become a pro. It's an Asian game so you know it has to be good for your brain. I'll teach you chess too, because that's a game that everyone should know how to play. Only a few more years until you'll be able to play... I can't wait! I'm even more anxious to hear you say words though. You little goobermeister.

Love you little man,
Aunt Amanda

No comments: