11.29.2010

on the move


Little mister. My little stinker. Thanksgiving came and went, and you slept through most of it. Its strange, Momma never thinks she can get anything done, but you are sleeping around 15-17 hours a day. That’s 70% of your day, spent sleeping! I suppose I can’t blame it on you after all?

Did you know you had lots of babysitters this weekend? Aunties, Grandmas, an Uncle, and even a Great Grandma. You didn’t cease to shine in all of the attention.

Your aunties being the forcefully athletic people that they are, got sick of hearing momma say “no” to working out. So they moved onto their next victim, you. They propped you up on all fours, clapped lots, gasped more, and teased you with toys and food. Within a week, you did it. You are crawling. It may be only a few steps at a time, but you are officially mobile.

I wish I could say that you were crawling with more excitement, but now a new challenge begins for momma. Just when I thought I had started getting it together, I could handle the “oral phase.” My quick fingers would swiftly removed hazardous object from your mouth often. Choking has decreased to a minimum. Just when I had it down, you mix it up! Now, you have started moving AND eating! I am trying to mentally prepare for keeping my feet as quick as my fingers!

You may not be making messes yet, but I suppose I will try and be excited with the fact that now you are crawling, I can truly blame you for my chaotic house, or the fact that I can only find one of my shoe in the morning. Not to worry little man, this will only last until the next one comes around. For now you must take the blame, because frankly, momma is sick of hearing dad argue back that it wasn’t him. Your auntie Amanda understands. She had it rough too. Mommas blaming their children. You can confide in her!

Momma is proud of her active little man. Look how big you are these days…




Love momma.

No comments: