9.05.2010

dear gage ~ love momma

DAY 3

Little mister, my sweet baby boy. I can’t get over your comb over. Your old man comb over that ALL the nurses talk about. You were born with the thick dark hair. And with time all that luscious hair started to fade. It started fading in the middle of the back of your head and slowly moved its way to the front, until you were only left with your comb over. Your irresistible little comb over, that makes me want nuzzle my nose in your neck just looking at it. Momma had the pleasure to wake up to her little mister’s perfectly combed old man comb over. Today couldn’t have started any better!
Today has been the best day yet. Family and friends came by, and you politely opened your eyes for every single visitor. As each of them left, you laid your sweet head down to sleep soundly once again.
Your sweet cousins brought by a gift for you. A sweet and soft giraffe to cuddle with. You LOVE this giraffe! Your sweet hands can’t help but caress the giraffe’s soft fur. You nuzzle your face into it as you sleep. I like to imagine when you fall asleep with him, you dream adventurous boy dreams in jungles. I like to think you are doing heroic boy things. You are the hero. You are my hero.
Momma got to hold her little mister lots today! I am trying to take in every second, not minute, but every teeny tiny second. I don’t ever want to forget your smell. I don’t ever want to forget how you smile with your eyes. I don’t ever want to forget how you twitch when you eat. I want to hold you forever. I hold you while you eat, I hold you while you sleep. Today I even held you while they took all your vitals. I like to think you are a part of me. Almost, like we are attached at the hip. Do you remember at home how you would dangle your legs as I tossed you to-and-fro on my hip? I would clean house, make dinner, do laundry, all while you sat perfectly in the nook between my arm and my hip. I can’t hold my little mister in my nook right now. Even better I get to hold you closer, snuggle more. I get to wrap both arms around you, all day every day. You’re my favorite little mister.
Today you have been more awake than ever. You are grabbing at everything you can get your hands on. You HATE your oxygen tubes. When I am not looking, you smoothly glide your fist across your face and wipe those tubes right out. I put them back in, you smile. And when I am not looking, you do it again. I can’t be mad, I find it adorable.
You are smiling more today. You even smiled in your sleep today. I love your smile. You have several smiles. Good morning Momma, smile. Momma I’m a total mess and you get to clean it up, smile. And my favorite, Momma I was naughty and you caught me smile! I have got to be the luckiest momma to have such a smiley little mister.
The big fancy doctors say that if you keep doing as well as you are doing, you might get to come home as early as tomorrow or Monday. I look forward to the day that we can lay on the “big bed” and talk. I look forward to you stroking my face, grabbing my lip, rolling from side to side. I look forward to our naps together. I miss your naps together in the big bed. Little mister, we will be on the big bed soon!
love,
momma

No comments: