9.07.2010

dear gage


Dear Gagemeister,

You are such a cool little dude. I love the way you smile just because we make eye contact. I love when you giggle at something that isn't really that funny. I love when you open your mouth as BIG as you can because you're happy. But you know what I love the most? When you turn up one corner of your mouth into a sly little smile. Every time you do that I figure you must be thinking of some really sneaky thing you are thinking of doing. You goober. You're mother dearest tells me that when I was a baby I used to grab at people's faces just like you do. I like to think that you take after me in that way. And also because you are so cute. 

"One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to DisneyLand, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. "Oh, no," I said, "DisneyLand burned down." He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real DisneyLand, but it was getting pretty late."

Jack Handey wrote that quote, and even though I think its funny, I just want to assure you that I would never do that to you. Because you are too sweet to play a joke on like that. I don't like to see you cry. When you cry it makes me sad, and I just wish I could do something that would make you happy again. I don't think you realized how much I am wrapped around your little finger. Sometimes I can stop you, but lots of times you just want your mommy. She loves you so much. I hope you always remember how much your mommy and daddy love you. Especially when you grow up, become a teenager, and start getting an attitude. Because let's be real, if you take after mom you might have a bit of a rebellious stage.

Now just one more word of advice for when you are older with your own little ones to watch after.

"The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face."
-Jack Handey (again)

Love you little Gage-y poo,
Aunt Amanda or Auntie Mana as you know me.

No comments: