9.05.2010

dear gage ~ love momma

Little mister. It was so nice to see you like yourself again. All the nurses LOVE you. Who wouldn’t love you? Maybe Momma is biased, but I think you are as perfect as it gets! Momma overheard the nurses fighting over who got to watch over the "mellow" baby! That’s you my precious little man (for now anyways)! You have a way of winning over the ladies hearts…it’s something that I know I will have to worry about in the future. But, for now, keep on flirting!
You grabbed and scratched our faces. You smiled and laughed. We even got you talking with your hoarse little voice. It’s nice to have my baby back!
I spent a lot of time thinking of a way that I could say goodnight a little differently and yet make it special. I have never been one to sing. I don’t know any lullabuys. But momma would do anything to make her little mister smile. I knew this would be the perfect way to express the way I feel, say goodnight, and bring a smile to your face. It’s the only way to end an evening with you when saying goodnight, which is sometimes so difficult to do.
Close your eyes my pet, I will sing for you,
it's a lullaby I never knew,
in this world you know, some things must come and go,
but my world is all in loving you.

It's a simple song, and it's words are true,
and I'll do the best that I can do,
as I write this song, how can the words be wrong,
when they're all about my loving you?

You've got Mommy's eyes, and now I realize
God has blessed my world with loving you,
you've got Daddy's nose, a joke I suppose,
but it's still, what makes up you.

As you close your eyes, here's a prayer or two,
While you sleep I will be here for you.
Things might come and go, but this you'll always know,
Mommy’s lullaby is just for you.

N'night little mister. Love,

Momma