9.02.2010

dear gage

Dear Gage,

The first thought I had this morning was that I wanted to see you before you went into surgery so I could give you a hug and a bunch of kisses.  Well, that wish came true.  You smiled at me and I just knew everything was going to be just fine.  It was a good thing I got to the hospital when I did because it wasn't long before you were off to surgery.  While we have been sitting in the waiting room, your dad and mom drew a picture of your heart and explained the surgical procedure that will be done today.  Dr. Cowley, who is part of the cardiology staff here at Primary Childrens Hospital, stepped in to say hello.  He is the father of one of my students.  He joined in with the explanation.  I was definately impressed with your parents understanding of what was happening.  Dr. Cowley gave your dad an A+ for his heart drawing. :)  Uncle Scott and your cousin Kristen are here from California along with your Grandpa Dick.  Aunty Em is here now too.  I have called Grandpa Craig so he will not worry too much.  He will be up to see you tonight.  Everyone loves you very much and is here to cheer you on to recovery.  I can just picture you drawing your own picture someday and explaining what took place when you were a baby to your friends and teachers.  

Love you so much,
Grandma Linda

No comments: