9.06.2010

dear gage


Hey buddy,
I know…I’m a little late. Typical for your dad to say something after things have turn out as good as possible. But you will learn with time that your daddy isn’t as good at expressing his feelings like your mommy is. But I just wanted to tell my best friend how much I love him; you’re the best thing that has ever happened to me! When we found out that you would have to have surgery your mom was a mess. Can’t blame her.
She didn’t know how I felt. I think it made her question how much I cared, because I was not crying. If only she was there in those car rides. Those car rides when I thought what life would be like without you. I cried like a little boy. I do love you, even though you take up my side of the big bed. I do love you, even when you force me to lay on my side just to fit on the bed.  I might not be good with words, but I hope I will always be able to show you how much I love you.
I loved today, seeing you smile again, seeing you grab my beard and try to rip it off again. These things showed me that you were back. My best friend was back. Soon again we’ll be terrorizing your mom again.
Love your daddy

1 comment:

Scottkids said...

Oh my goodness. So touching.